Monday, June 27, 2011

Cilantro-Lime (Brown) Rice


I love Chipotle. Love it. I wish I could make every item on their menu at home, but until I get the nerve to try and make my own burritos (I dunno, maybe it's the number of toppings and ingredients needed that's deterred me...), here's a recipe that is pretty much just like the rice they use inside. Incidentally, I usually ask the person preparing my burrito to omit the rice since beans + rice + all of the other delicious elements inside can make them a bit too filling, but I'll gladly make this again as a way to liven up a side dish. I'd go with a bit less salt next time (is it me, or is brown rice much more flavorful than white?), but I'm lovin' the brown rice in this instead of long grain white. 

Cilantro-Lime (Brown) Rice
Adapted from Skinny Taste

Ingredients
1 cup brown rice
2 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons vegetable oil
3 Tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
juice of 1/2 a lime
Directions
1. Place rice, water, and 1 teaspoon oil in a pot and bring to a boil on high heat. 
2. Once most of the water has boiled off, cover for about 15-20 minutes on low heat. Turn off the heat and leave covered for an additional 5 minutes.
3. In a bowl, combine lime juice, cilantro, and the rest of the oil. 
4. Throw in your cooked rice and toss together to combine.
5. Devour alongside your favorite protein, marveling at yourself all the while because you were able to recreate "fast food" at home.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so gonna make this--MvL LOVES their rice. Thanks for posting =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I'm always happy to share a coveted recipe for a fave food! :-D !

    ReplyDelete